Thursday, July 23, 2009

And the Baby Is...

 A Girl!  So, all you out there who guessed boy, I'm sorry, maybe next time.  I have three theories as to why we should have known all along that it would be a girl. 
1.  I think Cheryl had it right.  I'm still pretty tiny, and if this were a Brett-sized boy, I'd probably be huge by now.
2.  T's comment about our team.  It seems that if you are a member of the Geita team, you are not permitted to have boys.  The Groen's have 3 girls, we're having a girl, and Daniel and Kasey are having a girl.  Now, the McNeal's don't know yet what they're having, so we'll have to wait 2 or 3 more months to see test this theory.
3.  Brett has always maintained that he is incapable of producing girls.  I assume God thought this would be a good opportunity for a laugh.

Really, we're happy with a girl.  The doctor's appointment went well, and the baby is very healthy.  She's a little small, which suits me just fine.  We actually have pictures of the ultrasound, but we don't have a scanner here so you'll have to wait on those.  We still haven't decided on a name yet, but we've got some ideas...Helga, Calvina, Hot Dog, and more!


6 comments:

  1. OH, I know JR will be pulling for "Calvina"... but I'm kinda partial to Hot Dog.

    What kinds of baby things do you need us to start shipping your way? :)

    Daisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! SO excited for you guys. As for the "no scanner" issue...just take a picture of the picture with your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats christie! girls are so fun. my husband Dave was certain that he didn't produce girls either, coming from an extended family of 95% boys. 9 month later, surprise, it's a girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! Does this mean that we are destined to NOT join your team?! I've still been holding out hope for the future but I appear to only be able to have boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Girls are fun, but full of drama. Your life will never be boring!

    ReplyDelete