Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meet Gus

Having a guard dog in Africa is a necessity.  Theft is often a big problem here, and most Africans don't like dogs, so just having one in the yard is a big deterrent.  Perhaps our little puppy is not so formidable right now, but he's a german shepherd/rotweiler mix, so one day he should at least look scary.  We got Gus from a family on the Mwanza team who just had puppies and the McNeals and Groens picked up a couple of his sisters for themselves as well. We're hoping that Gus will be a nice friendly dog to all except people attempting to break into our house in the wee hours of the morning...not that we're really expecting that to happen--just a precaution. Also, I hope that this picture of me at 35 weeks convinces some of you scoffers out there that I really do look pregnant.  

4 comments:

  1. yea! you really look pregnant now! love the puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable puppy! (I'm sure deep-down he's very fierce, though.) Congratulations on the new little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's pretty cute, Christie...and Baylor will love him...yes, you might look pregnant, but you look about 20 weeks pregnant, not 35!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gus...what a great puppy name. I'm sure he'll be quite ferocious if/when the situation ever calls for it.

    I must confess...if I ever get pregnant, I hope I look like you. :)

    ReplyDelete