Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Irony of Mother's Day

Sitting here enjoying my first mother's day as an actual mother, I laugh to myself-- because what I wanted most for mother's day was to have Brett take care of Baylor while I type blog posts and sleep.  I just find that slightly humorous.

Despite that, I do love my daughter immensely, which is why the rest of my post will be cute pictures of her.

Baylor is now over 5 months old.  She's about to start crawling, which I'm not too thrilled about, but I suppose it's inevitable.


We are thrilled that our teammates Carson and Holly have returned to Geita after being in the States 3 and a half months to have their baby boy, Jude Edward.  We went to Mwanza last weekend to pick them up from the airport and meet Jude for the first time.  Baylor really seems to like him (or at least wants to eat him and poke his eyes), but I'm not so sure what Jude thinks about her.



I thought since Baylor's favorite hobby is putting things in her mouth, she would really enjoy her first experience with solid food. However, rice cereal seems to come pretty low on her list of things she wants to eat.  



4 comments:

  1. A) I love your shirt! :)

    2) Levi wasn't a fan of the plain rice cereal either. It's really pretty tasteless. I think he only ate it well after I started mixing in some fruit with it to give it a little taste. Once I started the fruits and veggies, though, he was a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just put the rice cereal on the floor and I bet she'll pick it up and eat it. Anna eats anything off the floor, but few things off the spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to say the second attempt at eating went way better than the first. She gobbled up everything. I'll definitely keep the floor thing in mind if she gets finicky, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete