Thursday, December 23, 2010

More Birthday Fun

For my birthday this year, I got the best present ever.  My friend RaDora came to see me for 2 whole weeks.  She brought loads of goodies for birthdays and Christmas, but mostly I was just happy she brought herself.  RaDora and I were interns together in Jinja, Uganda almost 10 years ago during college and this was her first time to revisit the continent since then.  



While Brett made blueberry waffles for breakfast, RaDora made me a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing.  So delicious.  We went out to the gold mine for lunch where we were joined by our whole team.  


How wonderful it is to know that it takes fewer candles to write out the age you are than to just put that many on the cake.  


After lunch we spent the afternoon playing squash and lounging by the pool.  For dinner we ate homemade pizza and then played a game.  I love my birthday.  

2 comments: