Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Family and Friends


We've been traveling so much the last few weeks visiting with family and friends, running many an errand, and meeting with sponsering churches that I just haven't seemed to find the time to post.

After four days in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area with both of our immediate families, we went to the Nashville/Murfreesboro area for a week.  We were able to stay with my sister's family for a few days and then with Daniel, Kasey, and AnnElise George.  It was so fun to see Baylor playing with her cousins and friends.  We got some car work done, saw the doctor, went to the bank, had a great meeting with the shepherds at Stones River (our main sponsering church) and in general were busy all the time.  We did find time to go hiking and rock climbing at Foster Falls.  Baylor loved it.  Brett tried to convince me to let him rock climb with her on his back but you just have to draw the line somewhere. 

From Tennessee we drove to Christiansburg, VA to see Casey and Susie Lowrance, and did our best to get Casey kicked out of med school for skipping class and not studying.  We got to hiking in the Blue Ridge mountains and it was beautiful.  I miss the trees and greenery of Virginia.  I like the Tanzanian landscape as well, but it's completely different.  Both times we went hiking we were able to borrow a backpack that you can carry small children in.  And both times Baylor loved it in the beginning, hated it in the middle, and fell asleep in the end.



I would have post more pictures but I'm really awful at remembering to take my camera so we have here just a few of our time with Casey and Susie.  I'll try to get some pictures of our time with other people and places at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment