Sunday, December 23, 2012

A New Venture

I am happy to announce that I will be starting graduate school in January at Lincoln Christian University.  I will be studying for a Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.  It's a fully online program, 21 months long, so I can complete it from right here in Tanzania.  On an even better note, I have been given full scholarship!  Praise God for his provision.

I've been thinking about doing this for sometime.  We decided while I'm at home more now anyway, what with two little ones, it's the perfect time.  While teaching ESL was never something I really envisioned myself doing, it keeps popping up in my life.  First in China, then in Tennessee, and now in Geita.  I am happy to teach people who ask me, but I feel like I'm at a point where I need to have more formal training.  I see no reason to teach people badly.

We also would like to eventually become self-supported missionaries.  And while that's probably not going to happen teaching English here in Geita, it could elsewhere in the future.  It also opens up doors to places that are closed to Christians coming in just to teach Jesus.

I'm excited about being a student again.  Maybe I won't be in another year, but who knows?  I'm looking forward to it all the same.  


2 comments: