Friday, February 20, 2009

At Long Last

Well my friends, it appears that after 8 years of waiting, the time has finally come. Yes, in just 27 days, I will be moving to Africa.

Last week Brett and I bought our plane tickets to Tanzania. It's amazing that just one little action can make something go from completely abstract to as real as a mango. I like mangos. It's been so long coming that the idea of actually going is a little strange. I've been thinking of Africa as an off in the distance thing and now that it's actually here, I'm not sure what to do with myself. We've been spending the last month and will spend the next month visiting family and friends, packing boxes, getting vaccinations, studying about the Sukuma and dreaming of the eternal warm weather. It's a bittersweet time, really. We're excited about going, but sad to leave everyone.

This blog will chronicle the life and adventures of us, the Harrisons, in Geita, Tanzania. We'll try to keep you all updated often with posts and pictures. The next month or so probably won't be so interesting, but I think things should pick up after that. Hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. 27 days?! Wow!!!! You're right - my mind is blown now that there's actually a time put on everything. We are praying for you guys and will be there to visit in about a year and a half! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's already time for you to go! I hope we're able to connect next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you have left 30 hours ago and not have a post already. The house is quite.

    ReplyDelete