Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Couple of Large Things

There are many creatures in Africa that I would not welcome into my home.  However, we enjoy having geckos around, because they eat mosquitos and in general cause no problems.  Yesterday we saw this enormous lizard hanging out on our window screen, and while I like lizards fine, I'm glad this one was on the outside of the house.  I doubt you can really tell how big it is, but from head to tail, it's at least a foot long.  


  The second large thing is me.  Ok, so I'm not exactly huge for 32 weeks, but I assure you I am uncomfortable and often bump my stomach on various pieces of furniture, cars, and other pointy items.  And I don't know why I'm sideways--I edited the picture to be up and down.  And I'm squinting because it's really sunny.  



5 comments:

  1. I think you should name the lizard, too. Larry. Larry the Lizard. You've got to get on naming your animals more quickly... it's an Adam and Eve, Garden of Eden kind of thing. Come on. You know you want to...

    Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I think that's the size I was when we went to Costa Rica and I was only 18 weeks!!! How have you stayed so cute and little?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18 wks. nothin', Cheryl... That's how big I was at 12 weeks with Naomi. :)

    Christi, I always managed to hit my tender belly-button on EVERY chair that I walked by. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, i think i was that big around 15 weeks...are you sure we're related? i

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's the baby? You are TINY!

    And that Lizard must be related to one I saw on the Linderman's roof in Mwanza. I almost fell off the balcony (the rails weren't up yet) carrying Taylor when we came pretty much eye to eye up there! ugh!

    ReplyDelete