Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Harrison Menagerie Continues

While I would be exaggerating to say this kind of thing happens all the time, it does seem ironic that the day after I posted about the visiting creatures, we had more visiting creatures.

Yesterday morning I loaded the washing machine and when I opened the slot for the detergent, I was surprised to see about 50 siafu, or as we say in English, huge giant ants that bite and hurt.  We just pulled the whole thing out and threw them on the ground, though I think a few ended up getting a very soapy bath.

A few minutes later I went into our bedroom and found this little guy hanging out on Brett's adidas bag.


I suppose he's not so little for a praying mantis.  He seemed pretty content there for a long time, but I guess eventually got bored since he's no longer there. 

My favorite visitors of the day, though, had to be the cows.  Yes, two big old cows.  



One of them went right out, but it took a while for Brett to round up the other. 


Life is never dull here at the Harrison Menagerie.

3 comments: