Friday, December 9, 2011

First Fall

When we first moved to Tanzania, we had originally planned on taking our first furlough after two years, which would have put us there last spring.  However, Brett and I both love the fall and it's something we miss while in Tanzania.  No leaves changing colors, no college football, no sitting in sweatshirts by a fire sipping cider (though as much as I love fall, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't trade my year-round 75-80 degree weather).  So we pushed our furlough back 5 or 6 months so that we could be home for all those things.  The leaves are my favorite thing.  We made Baylor play in the leaves for the first time.  I say made because she didn't seem too keen on the idea.  Once in, she had fun, but only for a few minutes.  I think the fact that it was 85 degrees that day in Alabama and she was wearing shorts and a t-shirt made it less fun and more itchy.  But we had a great time watching her (and throwing her in). 



No comments:

Post a Comment