Thursday, April 15, 2010

The 4 Month Sitters

Nearly every time I go to the market I get asked by just about everyone how old Baylor is now.  As we go to the market at least 3 times a week, I find this a little odd, but hey, they're showing an interest.  Anyway, last week we were there and when I answered "4 months" to this ever-present question, the response every single time was, "oh, so she can sit up now."  Umm...not so much.  When I told them she couldn't they all asked me why.  I was thinking in my head, "because not all babies develop at the exact same rate." But apparently, in Tanzania, they do.  Something in the milk, perhaps?  Well, we went home and seriously, the next day Baylor started sitting up on her own.  I guess she didn't like being the kid left behind.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Baylor! I love reading about your life in Africa. I'm moving to Mobile next week to start PA school at South Alabama and at Gulf Coast I already talked to a girl about working at a hospital in Tanzania..who knows?? Baylor's pictures are precious by the way. Praying blessings over you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And over here, everyone was impressed when G was sitting at 5 months. And the dr. was blown away when N started sitting up at almost 3 months. Glad to hear the Baylor is an over-achiever too. :)

    ReplyDelete